Jug line builds

Bass, sac-a-lait, catfish, carp, bluegil, sunfish & all freshwater fishing
big_country
SportsmenTalk Member

Jug line builds

Postby big_country » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:52 pm

I was actually getting ready to post this on Mmt. I know everyone has different ways and different things they use to make jug lines with. I am getting ready to make about three dozen or so and I'm wanting to see how you guys are doing it (besides actual jugs. Lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Btmannin
SportsmenTalk Member

Re: Jug line builds

Postby Btmannin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:20 pm

I do it as simply as possible.. Just buy the largest diameter pool noodle I can find, cut into 12-16" pieces. Then I just crank a big zip tie down 4" shy
Of one end and attach line to that. Caught 2 lb to 26lb catfish on these without failure. Most run pvc through the center and all that, but I've just never seen the need for it.
big_country
SportsmenTalk Member

Postby big_country » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:43 pm

Thought about doing them like that or get some small corks, a little smaller than say a crab buoy. Do you weight yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ajverret

Postby ajverret » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:01 am

I go to the dollar store and get pool noodles, cut them about 8" wrap the middle tight with electrical tape and tie the string around the tape to keep it from cutting the noodle. I go get some 6 or 8 oz plastic cups, and some tie wire, and mix some cement, fill the cups and put the wire in for my eyes to tie onto. I made 100 and it cost about 150$

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Rambeaux67

Postby Rambeaux67 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:30 am

Me and some friends went in on a whole case of pool noodles a few years ago. I cut mine 10" long and run a piece of 12" pvc through the middle, cap the ends and then thread an eye to one side. I dont weight mine either, instead i fish them 2-3' foot deep. It can be a pain if you put them out in windy conditions but i love chasing them once a fish is on so it works for me!

Return to “Fresh Water Fishing”