Postby Bug » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:18 am

:D White Bass are running good finally!
Attachments
image.jpeg
WestEndAngler
ST Moderator

Re: The FISH Are Bitin'! Hahaha

Postby WestEndAngler » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:43 am

Where is this? I should be headed to the lake next weekend.
Btmannin
SportsmenTalk Member

Postby Btmannin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:45 pm

I'm headed back to my home waters this afternoon to do the exact same thing. Do yall have limits? Around here it's catch em until your arms wear out.
Huck Finn
ST Moderator

Postby Huck Finn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Bites on , here as well , 25 per man , 100 per boat . They are in the creeks off big lakes here.

H Finn
Bug
SportsmenTalk Member

Postby Bug » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:26 pm

Ours is 20 aggregate limit between striped, white or hybrid...
Bug
SportsmenTalk Member

Postby Bug » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:14 pm

WestEndAngler wrote:Where is this? I should be headed to the lake next weekend.

Tallahassee, Florida
ILLINImudbug
ST Siver Member

Postby ILLINImudbug » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:10 am

For you Texas boys the upper reaches of the Trinity River is white bass heaven. February, March prime time. Don't know if it is still in operation but there used to be a Lock & Dam Marina off of Hwy 7 east of Centerville just north of the Hwy 7 bridge before you cross the river. They had a trolley system which would lower your john boat up and down the steep bank to the river. During years of high water, which I found ideal, you could motor through the lock and over the dam. About a quarter mile up river and to your right is Hurricane slough or bayou. If the bayou water is clear don't pass it up. But the best spot is a little further up river to the next creek to your right...Big Elkhart Creek! When the Trinity is high and muddy and Elkhart is clear it is awesome fishing. Work the mud line first and then work your way up the creek, throwing Roadrunners into the buck brush. You can fill your boat with slabs! If you have low water years the white bass can stack up at the Lock & Dam. These white bass are migrating out of Lake Livingston to spawn. Another awesome spot during low water years is north of Hwy 21 east of Midway. Finding a place to launch is a challenge. We used to pay the owner of the old gas station in Midway for permission to launch from his private property along the Trinity. Our destination was the Big Eddy, a huge wide spot in the river right below some rapids. The Big Eddy is just down stream of Henderson Creek. FM 112 runs right to the river just south of the Big Eddy. Hit it right and you can fill the boat! Good Luck.

Return to “Fresh Water Fishing”